Kettell Windows Limited is committed to providing the highest quality window and/or door installation service to all our customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards of service.
If you have a complaint of any kind, please contact us with the details ideally in writing.
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this Complaints Procedure Document.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to John Kettell – Company Director, who will review your complaint and speak to the team that worked on your installation.
3. John Kettell will then arrange a visit to your home – or the premises where the installation was undertaken, if different to your home – to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within five days of the visit, John Kettell will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that were agreed with you.
5. If you do not want this home visit, or it is not possible, John Kettell will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers.
The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once a company has had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.
If you are not satisfied with the our final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint. You must do this within 6-months of the date of our final response letter.
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service
Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
0800 0 234 567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (e.g. a landline at home)
0300 123 9 123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.
7. A complaint will be considered ‘closed’ if you write to accept the findings of our response or fail to respond within six weeks of receiving the communications from Kettell Windows Ltd. detailed in points 4 or 5 above.
Please Note: Where a complaint is received and dealt with by the close of business following the day of receipt of the complaint the above procedures do not need to be followed. However, a record will be made and kept of the complaint and its resolution.